How Long for Sperm Health and Male Fertility to Increase After Quitting Smoking Cigarettes?
Research on smoking has linked smoking tobacco to several fertility related disorders. In this article we will explore how smoking can affect sperm health and your sperm count, and how long it takes for sperm health to improve after quitting smoking.
Table of Contents
The Short Answer.
Does smoking cigarettes affect male fertility?
How long do I need to quit smoking cigarettes before my sperm health improves?
Does smoking as the father affect our fetus?
How Smoking Tobacco Affects Male Fertility
How Long Do I Need To Quit Smoking Cigarettes Before My Sperm Is Healthy Again?
Does Smoking Stop You From Ejaculating?
Does Father Smoking Harm The Fetus?
- 27% greater risk of atrial septal defect
- 43% greater risk of right ventricular outflow tract obstruction
A word from Vitaliboost
If you are concerned about how smoking can effect your health, fertility, and erections, you should consider reducing your tobacco consumption. In addition to reducing your ability to achieve a strong and consistent erection and impacting fertility smoking contributes to heart disease and raises your risk of stoke.
Quitting smoking sucks! Please contact us if you or someone that you know needs help finding resources to help quit. We wish you the best of luck!
1. Tobacco smoking and semen quality in infertile males: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Public Health. doi: 10.1186/s12889-018-6319-3
2. Molecular Biology of Spermatogenesis: Novel Targets of Apparently Idiopathic Male Infertility. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. doi: 10.3390/ijms21051728
3. Parental smoking and the risk of congenital heart defects in offspring: An updated meta-analysis of observational studies. European Journal of Preventative Cardiology. doi: 10.1177/2047487319831367
4. A case-control study of paternal smoking and birth defects. International Journal of Epidemiology. doi: 10.1093/ije/21.2.273