Muscle Boost contains 100% pure Creatine Monohydrate (that's it!). VitaliBoost’s Creatine supplement is among the highest quality available, containing no fillers and no additives. This gives you ultimate results: increased muscle mass and strength, improved athletic performance, and enhanced recovery time.
Creatine is a protein used as a high energy storage molecule, phosphocreatine, in the muscles, brain and kidneys. This molecule allows for readily available energy in a high density format, leaving more room in your muscles for the power-producing myocytes. Creatine supplementation increases your body's reservoir of this essential energy lender. It has been shown to increase total work and volume during training sessions and boost long-term muscle growth. Creatine increases satellite cell signaling, aiding in muscle growth and repair. Creatine acts to stimulate IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1) and GASP-1 (growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1) production in the body, which are a hormone and signaling molecule responsible for muscle cell hypertrophy. Simultaneously, creatine downregulates myostatin. Myostatin is a negative regulator of myocyte hypertrophy. Decreasing myostatin allows for significant increase in muscle cell growth due to lack of inhibition.
Studies have shown creatine supplementation is associated with faster sprint ability, higher jumping ability, faster basketball dribbling, and decreased acid byproduct buildup in muscles following anaerobic exercise among numerous other advantages.
Creatine not only supports muscle health, but supports brain health and acts as a protective compound against neurological disease. In young healthy people, creatine supplementation significantly increases intelligence test scores and working memory performance. The long term positive cerebral and cerebellar health effects of creatine are due to its aid in preservation of Purkinje cells. Purkinje cells are important neurons that regulate cerebellar output, the part of your brain responsible for coordinated movement. One proposed mechanism of this phenomenon is the stabilization of mitochondrial cell membranes. A mitochondrion is the "powerhouse" of the cell if you remember from 6th grade science class. The mitochondria not only provide energy but aid in controlling harmful free radicals within cells that lead to expedited deterioration if left uncontrolled.
Do not take creatine if you have kidney or liver disease. Additionally, creatine may alter your blood sugar levels, if you are afflicted by any type of diabetes mellitus, use creatine with caution.
The effects of creatine supplementation are reversible. Experts recommend sustained, prolonged creatine supplementation for long-lasting muscle-boosting results.
- The Effects of Long-Term Magnesium Creatine Chelate Supplementation on Repeated Sprint Ability (RAST) in Elite Soccer Players (The Jerzy Kukuczka Academy of Physical Education)
- Effects of acute creatine monohydrate supplementation on leucine kinetics and mixed-muscle protein synthesis (McMaster University)
- Differential response of muscle phosphocreatine to creatine supplementation in young and old subjects (University of Massachusetts Medical School)
- American College of Sports Medicine roundtable. The physiological and health effects of oral creatine supplementation (University of Missouri, Columbia)
- Dietary creatine monohydrate supplementation increases satellite cell mitotic activity during compensatory hypertrophy (University of Wisconsin-Medical School)
- Increased IGF mRNA in human skeletal muscle after creatine supplementation (Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium)
- Effect of creatine supplementation and resistance-exercise training on muscle insulin-like growth factor in young adults (St. Francis Xavier University)
- Regulation of muscle mass by growth hormone and IGF-I (King’s College London)
- Cellular hydration state: an important determinant of protein catabolism in health and disease (Medizinische Universitätsklinik, Freiburg, Germany)
- The mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy and their application to resistance training (Global Fitness Services)
- Effects of oral creatine and resistance training on serum myostatin and GASP-1 (Arak University)
- Oral creatine monohydrate supplementation improves brain performance: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. (The University of Sydney)
- Increase of total creatine in human brain after oral supplementation of creatine-monohydrate (Georg-August-Universität)
- Role of the creatine/phosphocreatine system in the regulation of mitochondrial respiration (Institute of Chemical and Biological Physics, Tallinn, Estonia)
- Creatine-supplemented diet extends Purkinje cell survival (University of Minnesota)
STILL WONDERING HOW INGREDIENTS IN MUSCLE BOOST CAN IMPROVE YOUR ATHLETIC AND SEXUAL PERFORMANCES? ASK US ANYTHING